What are you looking for?

Monday, May 26, 2014

Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck


The Story: 
Regina Beswick never dreamed of faraway places. She’s happy with her life as a classic car mechanic and owner of a restoration shop.
But an unexpected visitor and the discovery of a fairytale, drawn by her great-grandma, causes Regina to wonder if she might be destined for something more.
Tanner Burkhardt, Minister of Culture for the Grand Duchy of Hessenberg, must convince the strong-willed Southerner, Miss Beswick, that she is his country’s long-lost princess. Failure could destroy his reputation and change his nation forever.
As Regina and Tanner face the challenges before them, neither are prepared for love to invade their hearts and change every thing they believe about themselves.
However, when a royal opponent nearly destroys Regina’s future, she must lean into God and trust He has sovereignly brought her to her true and final destiny.
My Review: 
 I really enjoyed this books predecessor Once Upon A Prince, but have to say I did not enjoy Princess Ever After as much. I found Regina to be a very selfish character and couldn't identify with her at all. I would like to think if the same situation were to happen to me I would be more worried about the country and its citizens that would cease to exist than about my car restoring business that I hadn't been running very long. I think Rachel Hauck is an amazing author but this particular story and set of characters didn't really bring me into what was supposed to be a royal fairytale.I was raised to not run away from responsibility so this story just grated against my upbringing. I did not like Regina and wouldn't want her to be my sovereign. All in all if you're looking for a quick non-deep book then you may love this Princess Ever After. I am looking forward to Rachel's next book with another set of characters.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)

No comments:

Post a Comment