What are you looking for?

Monday, May 26, 2014

Chateau Of Secrets by Melanie Dobson


I received Chateau of Secrets to review by Melanie Dobson and I have to say I'm amazed! I've always loved history and have had a special interest in the World War II era since reading Anne Frank, but my view was limited to a 13 years olds point of view. I didn't know a lot about the German Army including that Jews served. The book is shown through 2 points of view; Gisèle Duchant (who is based off a real person) and her Granddaughter Chloe and follows Gisèle's heroic fight to protect the ones she loves and Chloe's journey to learning about her family's history. With the Nazis bearing down on Normandy Gisèle has secrets to keep, she fears that the Nazis will learn that she is harboring a Jewish child and French resistant fighters. Years later a German officer who is a Jew himself helps her and a orphanage full of children escape, one of those children they later adopt. I loved this book and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an enthralling story they will hold in their heart forever.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)

No comments:

Post a Comment