What are you looking for?

Monday, May 26, 2014

On Distant Shores by Sarah Sundin


Here’s The Story:
Lt. Georgiana Taylor has everything she could want. A comfortable boyfriend back home, a loving family, and a challenging job as a flight nurse. But in July 1943, Georgie’s cozy life gets decidedly more complicated when she meets pharmacist Sgt. John Hutchinson. Hutch resents the lack of respect he gets as a noncommissioned serviceman and hates how the war keeps him from his fiancée. While Georgie and Hutch share a love of the starry night skies over Sicily, their lives back home are falling apart. Can they weather the hurt and betrayal? Or will the pressures of war destroy the fragile connection they’ve made?

My Review:
I won On Distant Shores though a giveaway, all opinion’s are true and my own.
This is a very well written book. I didn’t have any problems reading it and didn’t catch myself turning the pages back and asking myself “When did that happen?”
The characters were very lifelike, it felt as if I really knew them. Georgie is such a wonderful character and I found myself wishing that I had a friend like her.
Georgie and Hutch struggled with real life problems that even though this book is set during WWII can be applied in a different way to today’s time.
This book is also rich in history and I’m sure not even the pickiest of history buffs could find fault in Sarah’s research.
So if your looking for a great Christian Fiction reach this is it.  On Distant Shores was rich with history,romance and action. There’s so much you can learn from historical fiction and Sarah Hit the nail on the head. 5 stars! Now I want more!!
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)

No comments:

Post a Comment